Tuesday until Friday
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
- December 24th, 25th and 31st, January 1st, 2nd and Good Friday, August 1st (National Holiday)
- During the remodeling of the exhibition. Please take note of the exhibition dates.
AHV, IV, apprentices, schoolchildren, students with student ID, Kulturlegi
- Children/youths up to 18 years
Benefactors and Förderclub-members
- School classes with teachers from the city and canton of St. Gallen
- Swiss Museum Pass
- Kunstverein St. Gallen
- Raiffeisen-Maestro, -Master Card und -VISA
- members visarte, SGBK, ICOM, SMA swiss museums association
- Students of art history and art colleges
- Appenzeller Volkskunde-Museum Stein, Stein AR
- Kunstmuseum Appenzell and Kunsthalle Ziegelhütte
- Kunst Halle Sankt Gallen
- Thurgauische Kunstgesellschaft
- Kunstmuseum des Kantons Thurgau und Kartause Ittingen, Warth
- Kunstraum Kreuzlingen
We would be glad to arrange an appointment with you for an individual group tour. By arrangement, our art educators also offer guided tours for children or workshops for people with special needs.
Prices guided tours for groups
- Guided tours (up to 25 persons) within opening hours: CHF 150 plus Group admission price of CHF 6/person
- Guided tours (up to 25 persons) outside opening hours and at weekends: CHF 200 plus Group admission price of CHF 6/person
Prices workshops for groups
Workshop (up to 25 people): CHF 250 plus Group admission price of CHF 6/person
The open art museum offers age-appropriate guided tours and workshops. You can find the detailed current offer in our info sheet for schools [PDF, German only].
Prices guided tours for schools
- Public schools from the city/canton of St. Gallen: free / admission free
- Schools outside the canton: CHF 80.- / free admission
- Vocational schools and universities: CHF 150 / free admission
Prices Workshops for Schools
- Public schools from the city/canton of St. Gallen: CHF 150 / admission free
- Schools outside the canton: CHF 200 / free admission
Further documents for preparing an independent visit with a school class can be found at the respective exhibitions.
For children and families, there is also a playful educational programme available on site:
Händy (Museum Game)
The Händy is a museum game specially developed for the open art museum. It consists of different materials held together by a metal ring with associated questions and game ideas. The children can thus embark on an exciting and fun-filled journey of discovery through our museum.
Do you want to play along? You can borrow a Händy free of charge at the cash desk in our museum.
The Händy with all questions and tasks [PDF, German only]
Renting the foyer
The open art museum in Davidstrasse is known for creating a unique atmosphere in a special setting. If you would like to make this exceptional ambience the setting of your private or business event, we will be happy to make our foyer available to you outside opening hours. As a highlight of your event, you can book an expert guided tour with our specialists.
- Rental fee room for 3 hours: CHF 330.-
- For each additional hour: CHF 110.-
If you wish, we can organise the aperitif for you with the catering of your choice. We traditionally obtain our wines (from organic cultivation) from Delinat.